Saturday, June 27, 2009

Endless thoughts and knowledge

I have been thinking a lot lately, as I always do, over analyzing life in a way that many may feel to be unnecessary. I need to understand things it keeps me on edge that I am not settled into anything yet even though law school is right around the corner I feel lost in the sea of life trying to find a star or nautical compass for direction. I thought I knew everything there was to know about myself, my tendencies, likes, dislikes all that. However, each new waking brings feelings of indifference for things I thought were going to play a major role in my life goals. I want to figure it out but right now just need something to do, maybe I need to become more organized set long and short term goals then meet and exceed them. One positive note though is that drinking is not a problem right now, my friends here in town drink A LOT but it hasn't been something I look forward to or even participate in too thoroughly. Still in class til October so I got a weekly reminder of some truly fucked up lives and where I could be headed if I choose to go down that path. Thinking about life and hte future makes my head hurt, idle hands again, it really is the only reason I have been having trouble this summer. If I had a job in which I was working hard I feel like that would be the best thing for me, I am happiest and have always been when I am busy doing something for pay or for positive effects. Don't sweat the small things...seriously its hard but don't do it. Think 1 time then walk away if you can.

2 comments:

Randy Z. said...

when you find what you love, you'll never be able to walk away...even when you retired...probably be doing pro bono work as a lawyer then.

1 time said...

thanks for the faith randolph!